What is an Author Profile?
A virtual CV of your publications. Your profile lists all your publications, your research metrics, and collaborators.
Advantages of an Author Profile?
- Name standardization
- Provide links to the publication site of your works. Databases, repository, or other open access
- Track citations
- Demonstrate your research impact
- Disseminate your research
- Grow your personal networks
- Increase visibility by linking author profile to email signatures and social media such as LinkedIn
- Can't edit incorrect entries (metatdata control)
- Time and effort to keep information updated
Shanks, J. & Arlitsch, K. (2016). Making sense of researcher services. Journal of Library Administration 56(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01930826.2016.1146534