Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is this Guide?
This guide is an overview of the resources and services we offer and complements the Library Orientations that are held at the beginning of each semester.
You can find the date of the session for the School in the library calendar.
Use the tabs above to navigate and explore NU Library:
- Find and Borrow tab to see what resources are available and how to use them.
- Services tab for information about instruction and research and studying support.
- Teaching Support tab for curriculum-related questions.
- Recorded Orientation Sessions in case if you missed a live presentation.
Get Started with Key Features
The website is the first place to go for information about Library services and resources:
- Contacts, Hours, Policies
- News & Events
- Catalogs & Databases
- *Personal account
- Room reservation
- Your Subject Librarian
- Online Chat & Appointments
*Enter using your NU credentials to check, renew, reserve the books and get access to electronic resources.
EBSCO Discovery Service
- Search for articles, ebooks, journals, newspapers, and multimedia found in Library subscribed databases and selected open access sources.
- Links to the full text.
- Citation tool.
- Personal account.
- Access from the home library page.
Nazarbayev University Repository (NUR):
- open-access archive;
- research results and intellectual products of Nazarbayev University: articles, theses, books, conference materials;
- visible across the world.
To learn more about publishing policies and procedures, please visit NUR libguide or contact us at nur.nu.edu.kz
We create guides to provide instruction and display resources for research or study related subjects.
- Browse by subject, course or search with keywords.
- Find out what databases and books are most useful.
- Develop research and study skills.
Ask Us if you need help with research or library use. There are many ways to contact us through Ask a Librarian page
- *Chat with a Librarian
- Send email to your Subject Librarian
- Request for a VIRTUAL assistance through video consultations
- FAQ to find answers to your questions during off-hours.
*Find Chat with a Librarian on every page on the website, libguides, EDS or A-Z Databases page
TRY IT NOW!
Every school has a personal Subject Librarian! We will help you with your research and course needs:
- answer reference and research questions,
- provide in-depth research assistance in the subject areas,
- teach how to use Library resources,
- purchase new materials for Library collections and more.
Get to know your librarians and make use of our knowledge and services!
Medical Library supports the research, instructional, clinical, and patient care interests of faculty, students, and staff of the University School of Medicine and University Medical Center since 2015.
The rich collection includes materials in the basic and clinical biomedical sciences in English and Russian languages.