Room and Equipment
This multi-purpose room is designed to be a laboratory for viewing high-resolution images and data visualizations. Space is available first to NU community members who want to use the video wall and visualization capacity for instruction or research. The potential uses for the research team or class:
- to view large-scale high-detail GIS and satellite images
- to display code and output adjacent to each other at a high resolution
- to create or view a visual representation of large data sets
- to view materials which are too large for a conventional monitor when blown up for visibility
- to display multiple large images side by side.
The room is equipped with
- 20 HD displays tiled and connected to create a high-resolution panel display of 6.1x2.7 m.
- 2 4K touch interactive displays (85 inches).
The Visualization room is located on the 4th floor in the library extension (5E.437).
The room capacity is 10 people.
- Room is available on
- Monday-Friday at 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Satuda-Sunday at 11 am - 7 pm.
- The room is locked with keys available upon request at the Circulation Desk 3rd floor in exchange of ID card.
- Key should be returned immediately after the completion of the reservation time period.
- In case of a lost key, the requester has to make a duplicate of the key at his/her own expenses in two days.
- Do not leave the room unlocked or unattended at any time.
- Upon the completion of the meeting turn off all lights and exit any of the technology you used before leaving the room.
- Materials and personal items left unattended may be removed by library staff.
- The room should be left in a clean and orderly condition, ready for the next users.
- Erase whiteboard if it was used.
- Use appropriate markers and erasers on the whiteboards or check them out at the Circulation Desk.
- No food is allowed in the room but covered drinks.
- All mobile devices should be on silent mode.
- The library reserves the right to revoke permission to use the room in the case of non-compliance with these policies.
How to reserve a room?
- Because the use cases for this room and software needs could be complex, the room reservations are moderated.
- Please briefly answer the questionnaire below and send it to Innovative Learning Committee (ILC) iLH@nu.edu.kz.
- If you have questions about whether you are eligible to use the room, or whether a particular use is appropriate, please contact ILC through iLH@nu.edu.kz.
- ILC will contact you about how you can use the room and make sure that everything you need is in place, and to arrange a time for a brief orientation to space.
- Your reservation is complete when you receive written confirmation from the library.
- If the hosts need hardware maintenance or have a special request for equipment, please email to https://helpdesk.nu.edu.kz/support/home